Sun, 16 August 2015
Anomaly | Vader's Fist Opens Up: An Interview with a Member of the 501st Legion (Star Wars Costume Club)
In this episode of Anomaly, Jen is joined by “Sith Jen” as they crash a 501st armor building party at the TechShop in Round Rock, Texas. See the show notes for photos galore!
The 501st Legion is an international Star Wars costuming club, started in 1997 by Albin Johnson (Member designation TK-210). It is an all volunteer charity organization whose primary purpose is to raise money for a multitude of charities.
While armor party crashing they get a chance glimpse into the process of costume building a Republic Commando (thats a special Clone Trooper) They also scored an interview with Boba Fett, AKA Josh Powers, (BH 15173), one of the legions “Infamous” level Boba Fetts. He tells them everything they need to know about the organization and how to get in. In addition to all this, he tells the Jens how the 501st Legion lead him to his true love—Niki Powers (BH-14019), AKA: Boushh the Bounty Hunter/ Princess Leia.
Wed, 22 January 2014
Jen and Angela tell the tale of their Nov. 2013 cosplay adventures, at the Wizard World Comic Con in Austin, Texas.
The commentary and footage is focused on:
- The cosplay experience at Austin Comic Con
- Tips on wearing a Star Trek: The Original Series skant dress (don't make our mistakes, ladies)
- The Scott Bakula/ William Shatner and Jewel Staite panels
- Photos ops with various celebrities
- A mini review of their Skant dresses, made by Anovos and CosplaySky,
- A report on their experience with a company called "Circle Cam". Circle Cam captured a series of 360 images of the Anomaly group in costume—that imagery is also included in the video.
- After Party
Wed, 13 November 2013
In this edition of Anomaly, Jen and Angela are joined by Angela's husband Jim and their mutual friend "Sith Jen" (formerly known as "Buggy's Jen"). The discussion began with a fista cuffs debate regarding Arthur Dent and Bilbo Baggins. They then chatted about their costume plans for Austin Comic Con and the Texas Renaissance Festival and gave tips and suggestions for those new to cosplay. Visit us at Austin Comic Con: Novemeber 22-24th! We have a table in the fan group area. Join our Facebook Group, folow us on Twitter, follow our Pinterest board, visit our web site. Thanks for listening!